Friday, March 22, 2013
Mark your calendar: 4/3/2013 Kahu Ryan Alena Kaimana Kuhio Poepoe Kalama on Hawaiian Spirituality and Culture
This announcement was just posted by the Interfaith Alliance Hawaii. Yup, 7 a.m. They offer coffee and cookies, so drag yourself out of bed and come over before work for this presentation. There’s plenty of free parking and several nearby bus stops.
When: First Wednesday, April 3, 2013
7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Where: Harris United Methodist Church, 20 South Vineyard Blvd.
7:00 a.m. Opening. Introductions. Irene Matsumoto, Convener
“Hawaiian Spirituality and Culture” Kahu Ryan Alena Kaimana Kuhio Poepoe Kalama
- Introduction information about the Healing Waters
- Self-Sustainability: personal, physical, and mental
- Healthier life style both Physically and Psychologically
- Personal Regular or Organic Gardening and Farming
- Waimanalo Ahupua'a Coalition Purpose, Vision, and Mission
- Kahu's (Hawaiian Cultural Ministers) who become involved and members Motivating Community Members to find their Passion and Special Cause
Kahu Ryan Kalama is a Hawaiian Cultural Practitioner. He is the Kahu of the Association of Hawaiian Civic Clubs, Kahu of Oahu Council of Hawaiian Civic Clubs, Sr. Minister of the Gathering Place of God Ministries, Delegate at Large on the Waimanalo neighborhood Board No. 32, and many other community groups.
Ryan is seriously involved in the many concerns of the community providing Hawaiian Cultural Understanding, Educating and Sharing Hawaiian Traditional Activities, Arts, Crafts, Dance and Ceremonies.
8:30 a.m. Adjourn. Networking